What to do if you have a claimOur job is to guide you through the claims process. We will help you understand how your coverage applies to the claim. We will help you work with your claim adjuster, and we will be your advocate when needed.
Q: I’ve been in an accident – what now?
A: Start by making a note of the things your insurance company will need to know:
- Date and time of accident.
- Where the accident occurred. Be specific.
- How the accident happened. Take a picture.
- What vehicles were involved. Include year, make and model.
- Names and contact info of people involved.
- Notes about injuries.
- Names and contact info for witnesses, if any.
- Name of responding law enforcement agency.
Q. I have damaged to my property – what now?
A. Start by making a note of the things your insurance company will need to know.
- Date incident occurred.
- What happened: burst pipe, lightning, wind, etc.?
- Is the home livable?
- Are temporary emergency repairs needed?
- If the fire department or police department responded, notate names and contact information.
Q: Who do I call to report my claim?
A: You have two options. You may call us or call the insurance company.
- Call us if you are uncertain about coverage and need to discuss the claim prior to reporting to the insurance company. We are able to discuss how the claim may be covered and how the deductible would apply, if any.
- Call your insurance company if you prefer to handle the claim yourself.
Our job is to be your advocate. Call us (386) 752-8660